How much will cost you to renovate a studio apartment in Singapore depends on the extent of your renovation project, what is included and what is the surface you need to renovate. Here are some ideas on how to cosmetically makeover your studio apartment without breaking the budget.
Decide on a renovation budget
· First step in your renovation project is to decide how much you can afford to invest. Analyze your financial possibilities and decide on setting a realistic budget. As a guide, usually renovation expenses cost around 5 percent of the purchase price. Try to keep your costs under control and not overpass your allocated budget. Renovation costs can easily spiral out of control, if you are inexperienced in renovating projects.
· In order to gather the information necessary to set your budget start asking for quotes from experienced tradesmen on the renovation jobs you plan to do. Make sure the renovation contractors have good recommendations and are registered.
· You can also ask some experienced renovators about their costs.
Make your research
· Before you start working on your renovation project for your studio condo, make sure that you read the rules regulating renovation projects in Singapore and also check with your home insurance company
· You may save on your studio condo renovation budget if you do yourself as much as you can from the renovation jobs but first check with Singapore building authority if you are not breaking any building regulations.
· It may be a cost saving to do as much as you can yourself but check with your local building authority that you are not breaking any regulations. Usually works like plumbing and electrical should be left for qualified and licensed tradespeople.
· You need to contemplate ways to create the right mood with the interior of your studio condo.
· The cheapest and most effective renovation job that can change your interior looks is a paint job. It is best to use neutral colours on ceilings and walls of your studio condo to give the impression of a greater space. You can also add some colour splashes with artwork designed by yourself or colourful patterns and prints. You can also add to the overall atmosphere and create more ambiance with down lights and table lamps.
· Replace old curtains with modern venetian blinds that are stylish, inexpensive, and provide good privacy.
· You can also polish also floors, which is an easy task possible to do it by yourself. In a studio apartment the sound may travel between floors. Carpets and vinyl flooring can add some sound proofing to your apartment and they are available in many texture, colour, and style choices.
· Remove any outdated and clutter materials that do not add to the ambiance and value of your apartment.
Renovate your kitchen on a budget
· Renovating the kitchen can be expensive. A cheap renovation job for your kitchen is update kitchen cupboards by repainting using laminate paint and adding new door handles. You can also repaint your kitchen tiles with Tub and Tile paint.
· Granite counter tops are stylish but affordable.
Renovate your bathroom on a budget
· Your renovation in the bathroom aims to make it look brighter, bigger, and cleaner.
· You can repaint your bathroom walls use Tub and Tile paint to repaint your bathroom tiles.
· For a stylish look you may replace the shower curtain with a glass shower screen..
· Replace the shower head and the tap handles. You may also replace the old toilet and vanity and outdated towel rails.
· By adding a large wall mirror you can make your bathroom looks more spacious and stylish.
Renovate your studio room on a budget
· You can change your room flooring or just add a new carpet that matches the décor.
· Use touches of colour and add your own artwork or a print in order to create more atmosphere.
Add some extra value
In case that you want to rent your studio apartment in Singapore some little touches can increase your property value and can make your studio apartment stand out from the rest. You can add some items such as flat screen TVs, air conditioners, microwave ovens, and dishwashers. They wouldn’t cost you much to install but they can add value and therefore increase your rent.
Set a completion date for your studio apartment renovation project and stick by it.