Laminate flooring is a great way to give your home more elegance. The following are tips you could use to choose on the best option when it comes to getting a laminate floor for your house:
The Finish Should Be Easy To Clean
The finish of the laminate floor should be easy to clean and maintain. It should not be a type that would hold onto stains. The following are some tips on cleaning the floor:
• Always use a damp cloth in cleaning. Do this as soon as spills happen.
• For tough stains, oily ones especially, use nail polish remover alongside a white cloth. When this is done, use a wet cloth to clean up the area just in case any residue was left.
• Cleaning the floor on a regular basis by sweeping or vacuuming would help avoid the accumulation of dirt on it. When dirt accumulates it could create permanent stains or make the floor appear dull.
• There are special products made for this type of floor. You should clean the floor after certain periods using these products.
• You should not use steel wool or abrasive substances to clean up the floor. This would certainly create scratches on it.
• If you run into tough stains like chewing gum or candle wax on your floor, do not rush to remove them. First of all harden the staining substances using ice and then remove as gently as possible using a plastic scrapper. Exercise as much care as possible so you do not scratch the floor in the process.
Understand the Warranty You Get
As you choose the most appropriate type of laminate floor for your house, it is important that you understand the warranty cover that you are offered. The warranty should be long enough and it should cover some of the following features:
• The floor should not be prone to staining
• The decorative surface of the floor should not wear
• The floor must be free of any defects due to manufacturing
• The floor will not fed as a result of any type of light, sunlight or artificial light
In the event of any defects in the above points then the company installing the floor has to agree to either replace the floor or refund you all you spent on installation. You should as well be familiar with the process of making a warranty claim so that you are able to get the installation company to give you proper value for the money you spend.
Take a Look at the Types of Finishes Available
There are various types of finishes available for laminate floors. You might want to take a look at all of them possibly in order for you to be able to identify what suits you best. You could use your own criteria to choose on the type of finish you want for your home. Your personality should be a major guiding factor during this process. Durability of the finish is also a point you should take note of. You do not want to have a finish that will not last long enough. Be sure to pick on a finish that you will not get bored with fast. It is important to select one that sparkles enough to give your home a great look.
Consider Approval for Use over Radiant Heat
The type of laminate floor that you choose should be one that has been approved for use over radiant heating. It should have all the necessary sets of layers that would offer proper insulation. Thermostat controls should possibly be installed in the underlayment in order to control the heat situation.
Learn the Layers for Easy Maintenance
You should learn the various designs of laminate floors in terms of the layers involved. This would enable you pick on one that would be easy to clean and maintain in general.
Learn the Various Ways of Installing the Floors
Learning how to install the various types of floors would enable you save money in the event of damages later on. With the knowledge of the installation, you will not need to hire a professional to fix any damages on the floor.
Identify a Reputable Company
Identify a company with an amazing reputation to install the floor. This would almost guarantee you a great work at your home.